Mr. Toale is a native of Sarasota. He obtained a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from the University of Central Florida, where he majored in Civil Engineering. Prior to entering law school, Mr. Toale worked for NASA in the Construction Management Office at the Kennedy Space Center gaining experience negotiating contract change orders, settling contractor claims and preparing unsettled disputes for litigation. He obtained his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law. During his career, he combined an office practice with civil litigation with a strong emphasis on real estate. Mr. Toale became Board Certified in Real Estate Law in 1990 and continues to hold that certification to date. His broad range of experience brings a unique asset to the litigation team.
Mr. Toale has been active in the community, serving on many boards and is past president of the Kiwanis Club of Sarasota, the SunCoast Blood Bank, and the Southwest Council, Boy Scouts of America. He has been active in the local bar association having served on the real property section steering committee and the joint committee with the Sarasota Association of Realtors. He has served on the Mission and Planning Committee of the board of Sarasota Memorial Hospital and is active in his church.
In 2013, Mr. Toale became the Foreclosure General Magistrate of Sarasota County. During that temporary appointment, he conducted hundreds of trials involving residential mortgage foreclosures. In 2016, Mr. Toale became the Code Enforcement Hearing Officer for the City of Northport.
Mr. Toale is married with two sons. He enjoys biking, yoga classes or just tubing down a river with his family.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Civil Litigation
- Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Real Estate Law, 1990
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- University of Central Florida
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Major: Civil Engineering
- Lecturer and Speaker, Approved Course Provider with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR)
Past Employment Positions
- NASA, Construction Management Office, Kennedy Space Center, 1977 – 1980
- Sarasota County, Foreclosure General Magistrate, 2013 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Kiwanis Club of Sarasota, Past President
- SunCoast Blood Bank
- Southwest Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Community Associations Institute (CAI), Member
- Community Associations Institute (CAI), West Florida Chapter in Sarasota, Manatee and DeSoto Counties
- Community Associations Institute (CAI), South Gulf Coast Chapter in Lee, Collier and Charlotte Counties
- Community Associations Institute (CAI), Suncoast Chapter in Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties
- Community Associations Institute (CAI), Central Florida Chapter